This year’s inaugural pitch event will not go unnoticed in the New England business news cycle. The event aims to not only providing structure to business ideas or current startup teams, but form foundations supporting all the future business ideas attendees will come across. Better yet, the competing teams will work with some of the best industry experts in the Boston area within inclusive and strategic workshops.
Leading industry expert access, venture capital investors, and a school backed marketing campaign for the event itself makes the prize money seem like an added bonus.
Please note that you do NOT have to have started a business/currently in a startup, or be working on something currently. All you need is to either have an idea, or be willing to work with another group on theirs.
The pitch event will be run with the following structure:
- Initial Meet and Greet will start off the series to get everyone familiar with each other, and also aim to find potential teammates for teams or individuals with ideas.
- Three workshops will lead up to the event to better prepare the entrepreneur teams. Workshops will be headed by an expert in the field each of whom have many years of industry experience.
- WS 1: Go To Market – Selling, Marketing, Storytelling.
- WS 2: Business Model – Lifetime Value, Customer Acquisition Cost.
- WS 3: Finances and Raising Money – Venture, Angel, Loans.
- Top eight teams pitch with 4 minutes to speak and 6 minutes for questions. A panel of three expert judges will preside and select the top three winners.